Re: Europa-List: XS Wing Query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XS Wing Query
From: Bill and Sue <bill.sue@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:47:53

No it is not!

I used to sit on mine and lean back to get in as this was a very easy
way of entry.

The deflection of the skin caused the filler and paint to crack along
the front of the spar, both port and stbd wings. I talked to Andy and he
advised it was more heavily skinned in that area but not supported by
ribs to make it suitable for sitting on.
The repair was to refill and paint

Mono XS
914 Airmaster
600hrs

Sue & Bill

steve v wrote:

> Hi, does any one know if the Root of the XS wing is reinforced at the leading
edge in a similar manner to the trailing edge for standing on?