Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa accident G-HOFC - PFA comment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa accident G-HOFC - PFA comment
From: Rman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:41:52

My condolences for your loss.  I know it's hard to not blame whatever
presents itself, but consider this.  All the gas in the world won't help
if it doesn't get to the engine and there are lots of things that can go
wrong, including pilot error, that can cause the gas to not get to the
engine.  There are millions of engines, of this type, in service, mine
being one of them.  They work as advertised, if maintained properly...

Jeff - Baby Blue
306 hrs

Finklea wrote:

> Not only did this plane have a full factory tank of fuel, Ken,much to my
> dismay,
also had 1 or 2 aux plastic Evinrude tanks that erupted upon impact leaving
nothing but a 1 foot pile of rubble and mostly cremated remains of he and my
brother....so this is not a "forgot to fuel" issue!