RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa accident G-HOFC - PFA comment

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa accident G-HOFC - PFA comment
From: Jeremy Davey <europaflyer3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:18:03

First of all, my condolences on the loss of your brother. It must be hard to
understand that loss.

Secondly, your emails... Please understand that you have wandered into a
group of folks who build and fly their planes with great pride. They believe
in the type, they mostly understand both its limitations and their own. And
they mourn - as they are doing now - the loss of their friends.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of folks on here are careful not
to pre-judge the investigators of either recent accident. You may be also
aware that your brother and Ken were lost between the funeral of one of our
lost UK friends, and that of the other? That said, we know from the
statistics that the vast majority of accidents are caused by pilot error, or
are mechanical issues that become accidents due to poor judgement. And I'm
sure you understand that a comment from an unannounced stranger, apparently
pointing the finger at the type, is both helpful and unwelcome.

Before we go further, perhaps I can invite you to introduce yourself
properly?

Regards,
Jeremy