Re: Europa-List: anr headsets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: anr headsets
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:40:26

Carl Pattinson wrote:

> Our intercom was built into the ICOM A2000 radio and
> these do not have any microphone squelch.

Any intercom within a radio with only one microphone
circuit (rather than one per headset) is not a proper
intercom. Any paralleling of mikes will cause problems if
you parallel a DC set (low impedance) with almost anything
else (high impedance).

And as Carl says a lack of squelch also makes it not much
use as an intercom.

So always use a separate intercom.

Richard Holder who hasn't done any fibreglassing but
certainly knows about radios, headsets. electrics and ANR :-)

G-OWWW High Cross