Europa-List: Angle of Attack

Subject: Europa-List: Angle of Attack
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:52:01
I am installing a Dynon ASI / AOA indicator.  The pitot tube should be parallel
to the direction of flight when in cruise.  In order to install it, it is
necessary
to set it with reference to the chord of the wing, but I don't see anywhere
what the angle of attack is.  I also thought the spar might be 90 degrees
---From the chord but it does not appear that that is the case.

How have others who are using the Dynon pitot tube set it?

Jim Puglise, A-283
<DIV>I am installing a Dynon ASI / AOA indicator.&nbsp; The pitot tube should be
parallel to the direction of flight when in cruise.&nbsp; In order to install
it, it is necessary to set it with reference to the chord of the wing, but I
don't see anywhere what the angle of attack is.&nbsp; I also thought the spar
might be 90 degrees from the chord but it does not appear that that is the
case.&nbsp;
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How have others who are using the Dynon pitot tube set it?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise, A-283</DIV>