RE: Europa-List: Angle of Attack

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Angle of Attack
From: Al Stills <astills@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:31:40
For those of you who want to know about the Dynon probe, I have installed on
my plane. The Dynon probe is Pitot and AOA only.no static. I

installed mine on the starboard wing of the Europa probe and ran back to the
panel. So I have 2 pitot's , an AOA and a static. The location I used

is the exact spot on the opposite wing from the Europa static and pitot. I
have used both pitots as I have an airspeed indicator and the Dynon and both
are exactly

the same on indicated airspeed.  After using for a while, I could get rid of
the Winter airspeed indicator as I don't use it much. I also have the stall

warner and am thinking about getting rid of that as the AOA takes care of
all stall alarms. It has a solid or progressive alarm that you set up when

you calibrate the AOA. The location of the probe should be as close to the
Europa location as possible, only on the starboard wing. With the
calibration

that you go through it does not have to be exact. The calibration is set in
flight (first in straight and level ,then in all stalls, with and without
flaps).

I am really impressed with the Dynon and have added the EMS and pulled the
GRT EMS out.

Al Stills

N625AZ 50+ Hrs and counting