RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: Mike Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:18:50
Willie,

We have now spoken on the phone - your message crossed with my posting
explaining that it is not within the gift of the PFA to extend or eliminate
the 10-hour inspection, but requires action by the CAA, who are not moving
on this at the current stage of the AAIB investigation.  I'm putting this
message on the List so that others may share a more optimistic outlook about
the way ahead.

You are not the only one to express concern regarding the severity of the
10-hour restriction, on touring operations particularly.  We are all hoping
that the inspection intervals can be extended to 25 or 50 hours, or
(preferably) eliminated.  However, as the PFA receive reports from
inspectors on the results of the 10-hourly inspections, they should soon
learn whether there are many instances of aircraft passing one inspection
and failing the next: if not, they should be able to use this evidence to
recommend to the CAA that the intervals can be extended.  Otherwise, they
will certainly want to consider further measures to improve the integrity of
the system so that frequent inspections are no longer needed.

Best regards

Mike

will

  _____