Europa-List: Tailplane Retention.

Subject: Europa-List: Tailplane Retention.
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:59:07
Well it looks like this problem is not going to be over anytime soon.
I'm domestically grounded, having been flooded out in the June rains - I
suspect it will be 2008 before G-JULZ flies again.  It seems to me that
Mod 73 is a 'sticking plaster' solution while they find something
better.  For once I totally support the PFA while they try and make our
aircraft a safer machine.

Here is an idea that might be fairly easy to  implement.

How about threaded bar going right through the torque shaft.  Some
nicely glassed reinforced recesses in the tip of each tailplane, a
couple of nuts and some neat covers to hide it all.

Just thinking out of the box.......  Anyone got any better ideas.

regards,

Mike