RE: Europa-List: Tailplane Retention.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane Retention.
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:05:52

Hi Mike,

I guess you guys in the UK haven't got much choice on the matter. I
certainly won't be rushing into yet another mod, apart from the ovalizing.
All my fittings are completely tight, and the pin cannot possibly move
sideways in my recess, and it cannot come out, because the lid is a marine
brass drain plug fitting.
My idea would have been to replace TP5 and TP6 with a one-piece tube, lets
call it TP56. I think there is a simple way to remove the TP6 without
damaging the foam, and the TP56 would be bedded in plenty of floxed redux.
Just how strong does this have to be ?
We still don't know anything about the damaged components in the accident
plane. In order for the tailplanes to come off, both TP6 must have been
loose, and the pip pin recesses must have been quite large to allow enough
sideways movement. Just speculating.

Karl

Tell MSN about your most memorable emails!  http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/