RE: Europa-List: Tailplane Retention

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane Retention
From: Hans Siedsma <h.siedsma@inter.nl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:15:33
 Perhaps it is stupid but I think about the following solution. Pre-  load
the TP12 pin. Easy to do without taken the tail system in part. Drill a hole
just behind the TP 12 ( Perhaps only 4 mm )  Take a piece of spring metal.
Through the hole and than bench it around under load. I have no idea what
the pre-load have to be  to avoid any movement on the pins. The spring can
be heavy due to the fact you can use a long piece and cut after assembly or
make a special tool.
My tail has already 6.5 mm play on the trailing edge and my plane did not
fly one meter. It has no play on the TP9. My holes are drilled at a special
workshop. It all look perfect but ....
Perhaps this is not a solution for the aviation...
Hans