Re: Europa-List: When to retract the flaps?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: When to retract the flaps?
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:27:46

Carl
Mike is right, I used virtually the same technique, As soon as positive
rate of climb is confirmed at around 2 to 300 ft unlock the
indercarriage and start slowly retractiong the flaps allowing the
airplane to maintain its trim. This resulted in a smooth transition from
65 kt climb with flap to 80kt climb without, and no height loss when
raising the flaps. There should be no trim change from flaps down at 60
kts to flaps up at 80kts, but there is an attitude chage of course.
You should find that flaps will settle anywhere in the range because
there is no load on the lever except the load of the undercarriage,
which is taken by the shock chords. If they don't then you need to
adjust the shock chords
Graham