RE: Europa-List: 180 turns

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 180 turns
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:33:18

After last years accident I had a number of long discussions with my
very experience instructor.  So one afternoon she suggested we go out
and do everything we had been talking about (at a safe 4000 ft).

Deliberately stalling G-IANI in a 60 degree turn proved to be a non
event in terms of any sort of wing drop or roll.  But you do loose a lot
of height VERY quickly.

Later the instructor did the same tests in G-IRON, which is not quite as
well behaved in a straight stall, again with no drama and simple
recovery.

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI XS Trigear
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk