Re: Europa-List: 180 turns

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 180 turns
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:15:11

If there is any twist in the wings , one is likely to stall before the other
causing a wing drop and then a spin.

The stall strips are used to ensure both wings stall at the same time. I
believe they also cause pre stall buffet, warning the pilot of an impending
stall.

Thats the theory anyway.

We dont have them fitted so cant comment any further - do have a stall
warner though.