Re: Europa-List: Tire change

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire change
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 21:59:46

Whenever I need to work on the wheels, I push a suitable steel rod (not sure
about the diameter)
into the hub, and then put a jack underneath at the far end. To remove the
wheel you move it outboard next to the jack, then put a support on the
inboard side, and lower the jack. Sounds complicated but is dead simple.

Karl

>From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
>To: europa-list@matronics.com
>Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire change
>Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 18:20:34 +0100
>
>Likewise I have to change tyres on my trigear, so any advice on  jacking a
>trike would be welcome.
>
>Willie Harrison, G-BZNY
>

>On 4 May 2007, at 21:49, Jerry Rehn wrote:
>
>>I am going to change my tire and tube and was looking to  recommendation
>>for lifting aircraft to remove tire. I have a hoist- crane that I could
>>lift at the engine or engine mount. Would that  cause any issues or too
>>much stress at attach points? Thanks for help
>>

>>Jerry
>>
>>914 Mono
>>
>>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List_-
>>forums.matronics.com_-

Reserve your place in history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/