Re: Europa-List: Europa Widen Shoulder width door mod.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Widen Shoulder width door mod.
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:39:26
I did this mod. during the build stage, and I am very happy that I did.
Amazing how much that little extra space means, and the surface your
upper arm comes against is wider/flatter then the standard sill.  The
door inserts I have used, of course, and unfortunately I have thrown
away the splash mouldings for the door sill.

The door sill modifications are the same work whether you do it at build
stage or after (except for removing/replacing interior lining and
repainting the affected areas, of course), but the door part would mean
some extra work.  I would definitely recommend the complete factory mod.
set (less the epoxy that comes with it, if you have some left over),
which includes the metal parts to be replaced inside the doors.  Good
protection of the plexi and good support of the doors on your bench
should be top concerns in order not to damage the windows.

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ