Re: Europa-List: Oil pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil pressure
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:35:21
<<If there is anyone who has performed the suction test, I would be
interested in hearing their numbers>>

-0.1 bar (max allowable is -0.3 bar) measured on a 912S. Hose is the
'standard' Rotax-supplied Conti (routed across the top of the engine)
and oil tank fittings

The barbed push-on inlet fitting on the oil pump had been replaced  with
a nipple and 180 degree preformed fitting on the engine  (the delivery
hose 'approaches' under the gearbox from the S'bd side of the engine and
therefore has to turn back on itself).

It surprises me that this test is not more popular.

Duncan McF.