RE: Europa-List: oil pressure

Subject: RE: Europa-List: oil pressure
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:25:58

Hi Danny,

As I recall, we noticed a similar thing with our 912S, early on.  We
noticed that our oil pump inlet 'suction' was too high and suspected
that the 90 deg bend in the molded inlet oil line was collapsing (this
is the line from the oil cooler to the oil pump inlet).  We replaced the
bend in the oil line with a short aluminum elbow, which reduced our
suction at the oil pump inlet.  As I recall, this also reduced the drop
in oil pressure at higher rpms.  The bend I am talking about is the one
just a few inches (maybe 4 inches?) from the oil pump inlet.

Regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD
XS monowheel with 912S, Airmaster prop