Re: Europa-List: Sea Survival Equipment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Sea Survival Equipment
From: Bob Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:09:30
I take a McMurmdo Fastfind plus (i.e. with GPS). and a good quality
lifejacket; Paramis GA1

With two up, plus full fuel and luggage for a weeks touring for two
there is not enough weight allowance remaining for a life-raft in my
case. The logic being that the McMurdo types offers a high quality ELT,
hopefully the rescue helicopter will come straight to you.

Some of the ELT's will no longer be "legal" shortly, there is a move to
make most registered. Mine is registered to me as pilot of my aircraft.
The very latest spec lifejacket e.g. Paramis GA1 offers a splash hood
and safety ring. (remember to buy a manual inflation model!).

Trust this helps

Regards

Bob