Re: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:18:16

Agreed for the monowheel.
On the non-monowheel without the well ventilated central tunnel and with the
original metal firewall, there is too much heat that builds up in the tunnel
during a long flight on a hot day, resulting in the fuel eventually getting
very warm too.
In this instance there is benefit in (thermally) insulating the central part
of the firewall.

Duncan McF