Re: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:02:56

Troy, My 914 installation has worked just fine without any form of heat or
sound insulation on the firewall. The amount of heat that comes through the
firewall is probably enough to stop your feet freezing in winter but not
enough to be noticed in summer, and noise levels are such the you can
converse in the cruise without headsets if you really wanted to. Can see no
point in adding weight and complexity. On the other hand I did line the
cockpit with 2mm foam covered by that synthetic suede material (whose name
escapes me), in the hope that this would reduce noise levels and undue
cooling at altitude.Regards, David Joyce G-XSDJ