Europa-List: Firewall Insulation

Subject: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:09:49
Hi Again All,
The front of the firewall will need some sound/heat barrier. Also, several
bits to mount. Do I mount or build everything to the front THEN cut holes in
it all to mount rectifier, and all the other assorted parts to it? I can't
imagine putting the insulation over anything that is on the firewall, unless
it would be the shock mounts that are used in the club instrument panel
mounting mod. What else do I consider?
What is the favorite insulation that others have used that is available in
the USA?
What about sound deadening on the aft side of the firewall?

Troy Maynor
N120EU Europa Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Paint,(some) interior,engine install, (some) wiring.
Weaverville, NC USA