Europa-List: Cool running Jab

Subject: Europa-List: Cool running Jab
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:01:07
In a message dated 3/7/2007 2:59:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes:

All
has anyone managed to cool a Jab 3300 properly yet? I know a  couple who
haven't but it can only be a matter of persuading the cooling  air to go
through the fins I suspect?
Graham

Hey Graham,

N245E has a cool running 3300 installed. It didn't start out that way, but
I've arrived at a combo that seems to work quite well. I'm  very pleased with
it! I'd be happy to share what it took to get there  if you are interested. I'm

currently in Colorado and away from my main computer.  If you can wait a
couple of days until I return I'd be happy to flood your inbox  with photo's of
my
installation.

One thing that is probably different on mine is I used the Suncoast
Sportplanes FWF. I think most of the folks who are having overheating issues on
Jab
powered Europa's are using the stock Jab cowls. Suncoast's cowls use round
intakes. The Jab factory cowls I've seen use "D" shaped intakes and that
turbulates the intake airflow at high angles of attack. The result is
overheating
at
high angles of attack, i.e., climb out.

Contact me off list and I'll load you up when I get back to  Tennessee.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying - 90 hours