Re: Europa-List: Mono gear collapse

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono gear collapse
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:40:47

Jos
the pressure on the flaps doen't cause any tendency to retract, it acts
straight up the support brackets and through the pivot bolts. In flight
you should be able to put the flaps anywhere from nearly down to nearly
up and they will stay put. The only force on the lever is from the shock
chord or your hand.
Graham

josok wrote:

> Hi All,
> It's a bit of a teaser, this thread about collapsing gear. Let me try my view
on this. The gear is per desgn over-center. It's ever so little, and i did not
really believe it. I moved the crates which supported the fuselage in the
workshop
a bit aside, so that they were only balancing the act, and it was impossible
to raise the wheel. Support back in place and up she went. So i was happy
until this thread. Im my case there is no play on the lever in the down position
so far. So it can't get out of over center eh? The i remembered the demonstation
fligts, the gear comes up easy, almost jumps up, until halfway, when pressure
has to be applied. So it's the pressure on the flaps that will, on a bumpy
take off or landing, pull happely out-of-over-center. That is, if there is
any play in the system, more then the over center distance. Right?

> Kind Regards,
>
> Jos Okhuijsen
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187