Re: Europa-List: Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for the grou

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for the group
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:51:40
Hi Steven and a provisional welcome to the Europa community. I can
add nothing to the comments on cabin space but I did want to make a
comment about another aspect. I also bought someone else's recently
completed XS (Trigear). It looked great but under the skin there were
some serious build quality problems which have taken 3 years to sort
out.  So, I would advise that you take along someone who is very
familiar with the design who knows where to look and what to prod. If
that is not feasible then perhaps through this forum you could
collect everyone's list of things to look out for. At least if you
find some of these problems present you'll be able to take an
decision about whether to buy and sort it or whether to look elsewhere.

Whatever route you take to getting a well sorted Europa it will be
worth it. Performance, handling and running costs are all very good.

Best wishes

Willie
G-BZNY