Europa-List: Re: Main monowheel tyre

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Main monowheel tyre
From: h&amp;jeuropa <europa@triton.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:17:27

We started with the 8.00 - 6 tire (or tyre) that came with the kit.  Ran it at
18 psi.  After doing max gross weight flight tests (1500 lbs), we noticed that
the brake caliper was machining a nice groove in the tire.  The tire also rubbed
the inside of the swing arm and it was very close in the tunnel ( we had moved
the brake master cylinder to get more clearance).  So at that time we changed
to 7.00 -6 like many others.  We think the plane is a little more stable
with this tire.  Also no problem with the brake caliper hitting at max gross
weight.

The plane is easy to land on grass.  As Graham can attest, we don't do so well
on pavement (major ground loop requiring a lot of repair).  Have been flying a
Champ lately, and our Europa is not as easy to land as the Champ.  You really
have to look down the runway and keep it straight.

Jim & Heather
N241BW

Read this topic online here: