Re: Europa-List: Re: Main monowheel tyre

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Main monowheel tyre
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:33:24

  Hi Tom - The mono with the 8.00 x 6 could be slightly easier to land (its
very easy now and
I'm a very low time tail dragger pilot) with a little higher deck angle.
This should allow the a/c to be
more stalled when the main wheel contacts which could reduce the minor
bouncing you get if
you land a little too flat.  Its not even a problem now, its just the
technique you learn.  If you
find yourself bouncing your landings, you just didn't land with the tail
quite low enough.  I rarely
get any bounce at all except maybe in gusty conditions.
  Does it look like the tire could contact the landing gear frame in a
slightly sideways landing?
How much clearance is there at 18 psi?

                                                 Glenn

>From: "Tom Friedland" <96victor@gmail.com>
>To: europa-list@matronics.com
>Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Main monowheel tyre
>Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:06:58 -0800
>
>Hi Glen
>
>Hmm,  not quite flying yet so can't answer some Q's.  No rubbing with
>retraction.  Prop clearance difference?  Don't know because I didn't have a
>prop then but geometry says that it must be increased!  Tire pressure?
>I'll
>probably start out with about 18psi.  Have you other suggestions?
>
>Tom N96V
>
>On 1/25/07, GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>Hi Tom - What tire pressure do you use and have you experienced any
>>rubbing
>>on undercarraige components?  Did it give you any more prop clearance?
>>Inquiring minds yada yada!
>>
>>                                         Glenn
>>
>> >From: "Tom Friedland" <96victor@gmail.com>
>> >To: europa-list@matronics.com
>> >Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Main monowheel tyre
>> >Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:01:57 -0800
>> >
>> >Hi Glen
>> >
>> >I have a 800 - 6 in my mono.  It was a tight fit.
>> >
>> >Tom Friedland
>> >

>> >On 1/25/07, GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>>gcrowder2@hotmail.com>

>>far.  I

>>just
>>make
>>with
>>uniform

>>if
>>designed

>>identical

>>Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your
>>Live.com page.
>>http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701

Valentines Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping