Re: Europa-List: instructions mono trailer

Subject: Re: Europa-List: instructions mono trailer
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:25:14

A further complication with the tailer is that the mono tyre is narrower
than the channel it sits in. If the tyre isnt centred in the channel, the
fuselage will still lean to one side when trailering. This cant be corrected
by adjusting the turnbuckles of the ramp support bars.

Easiest solution is to bond plywood strips to the sides of the wheel channel
(only at the bottom where the wheel sits) so that the tyre is a snug fit and
centred in the channel.

Also if the ramp is taken up too far or/ and the tyre is under inflated, the
top of the ramp floor (in the raised position) will rub against the upper
portion of the  swinging arm causing wear and possible weakening of the
undercarriage. A strip of tufnol or rubber should reduce the possibility of
this happening.

CP
G-LABS