RE: Europa-List: instructions mono trailer

Subject: RE: Europa-List: instructions mono trailer
From: Steve Crimm <steve.crimm@stephenscott.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:56:20

Jos,

I haven't seen any directions before, and would love to find some.

With that said.  The ramp for the monowheel when in the up/retracted
position goes over the outside of the landing gear frame assembly and holds
the airframe upright.  What you should be aware of is depending on how you
secure the ramp in the up position can vary the angle in which the airframe
is positioned.  I use chain the secure the ramp in the upright position and
turn buckles to tighten up the chain.  If I don't make sure I tighten the
turnbuckles equally I will get the fuselage setting on the trailer at an
angle.  Depending on the degree of angle, when traveling down the road, the
rocking of the airframe may cause it to come in contact with the rear wing
support.  This in turn can cause damage to the airframe.

Because it takes 2 people as a general rule (unless you have a trailer
winch) to push the aircraft onto the trailer, I made a ramp that lessens the
angle of the ramp that is on the trailer.  It is a wooden ramp that they
trailer ramp rest on to lengthen the ramp and lessen the angle.  With this
done I can push the aircraft on the trailer by myself with my wife only
having to hold the wings level.

Steve
N42AH
Flying and For Sale