RE: Europa-List: Ground Plane

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ground Plane
From: Simon Smith <jodel@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:06:43
I've got the Archer dipole in my Europa.  It is mounted about 6" forward of
the inspection hole at the bottom of the fin.  It works fine.

I would be concerned about flying with a transponder aerial  mounted in the
baggage area.  The radiation is damaging to eyes etc and the aerial should
be mounted as far away as possible from the crew.

More info on exposure risk is available at
http://www.pfa.org.uk/Consultation%20and%20Lobbying/Mode%20S/Non-ionising%20
Radiation%20Risks%20and%20Mode%20S.pdf

(The line might wrap so you may have to stitch)

Simon

  _____