Re: Europa-List: Oil return hose / 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil return hose / 914
From: DaveMiller@avivacanada.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:33:36
Gert,

A friend had the same problem with his 914 installation. The line had
"carbonized" and was quite brittle.
As far as I remember, he replaced the oil lines with Teflon lines from
Aircraft Spruce.

Dave 912S trigear

Gert Dalgaard <lgds@post6.tele.dk>
Sent by: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
11/30/2006 02:16 PM
Please respond to europa-list

        To:     europa-list@matronics.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Europa-List: Oil return hose / 914

Hi
I have had an quite unpleasant experience while doing my annual.
The last month or so I have noticed a ( - very week) smell of "hot oil"
sometimes during take of...... and funny-enough only during take of.
Could not localize the reason until now when-disassembling the different

parts under the cowling for the 100 hours/annual check.
It looks like the oil - return - hose have been more than hot under
the-asbestos - fire - sleeve, and therefore have changed to a kind of
"glasslike".
I am sure it would have collapsed within the next hours.
The oil - line have been-routed according to Rotax installation manual an
instructions from Europa - app. 90 degree to the stb. side and up
alongside the intake manifold to the top of the-oil-tank
The problem is on that piece of the hose that runs between the turbo unit
and the bottom of the engine.
You better put that oil-line on your check - list if you fly behind a 914'

FYI - I have never seen higher oil-temp's than 110C (app. 230F) according
to the log in my FlyDat.
Have other had-similar experiences?

Gert
OY-GDS-

NB - -- remember to make a notice about-Endelave '07 in your agenda
- -:-)

=5F-=======================
===========
=5F-
=5F-=       -- Please Support Your Lists This Month --
=5F-=           (And Get Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)
=5F-
=5F-=   November is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click on
=5F-=   the Contribution link below to find out more about
=5F-=   this year's Terrific Free Incentive Gifts provided
=5F-=   by:
=5F-=     * AeroElectric www.aeroelectric.com
=5F-=     * The Builder's Bookstore www.buildersbooks.com
=5F-=     * Aeroware Enterprises www.kitlog.com
=5F-=     * HomebuiltHELP www.homebuilthelp.com
=5F-
=5F-=   List Contribution Web Site
=5F-
=5F-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution
=5F-
=5F-=   Thank you for your generous support!
=5F-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
=5F-