Re: Europa-List: Europa Club Outrigger Pivot Bearing Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Club Outrigger Pivot Bearing Mod
From: nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:14:45

The outrigger mod was designed to reduce wear on a high load area of the
landing gear. The original outrigger pivot was a free turning AN4 bolt which
created wear on the sideplates. The factory added bushes in the plates to
reduce wear however it was only a partial solution. My mod used a pair of
tubes, one Reduxed to the outrigger head and an inner one clamped between
the plates. A grease nipple was included on the front face of the outrigger
head to enable grease to be injected between the tubes to provide regular
lubrication. This provided a crude bearing with the load spread between the
pair of tubes. This was a great improvement but I believe the upgrade to
this mod as I have described will provide even better results.

Nigel Charles

Tiscali Unlimited Broadband with FREE weekend calls only 12.99!