Re: Europa-List: 912s runs rough

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912s runs rough
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:50:17

Patrick,

> After reading some of the replies to your pleas I am inclined to go
> along with the throttle problem.  The cable , unless perfectly rigged
> can easily kink when you want to apply more throttle.  Result- one
> carb goes out of sync and engine runs 'rough'.

This is possible, but then, how does it agree with the "climbing turn"
event ? But we know things happen in flight, flexing, buckling, binding...

> One of the peculiarities of the Rotax is that you have to push the
> inner cable through the outer, which is , basically , not a good idea
> as the cable is not robust and has to be  - as per manual - looped in
> a particular fahsion in order to avoid kinking or just plain 'sticking'

Why not dispense with the cables, and replace them with piano wires ?
Your throttle linkage would turn into a push-pull system. Our airplane
is rigged in this manner, with no problem whatsoever.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr