RE: Europa-List: Trailering

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trailering
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:02:47
Keith,

The Picture is of the professionally made model which I copied. More
details can be found on HYPERLINK
"http://www.wingdolly.reach.net/prices.html"http://www.wingdolly.reach.n
et/prices.html .  Mine did not have vertical adjustment which I don=92t
find a problem as I am only using it for the one airplane.  I made it so
that the dolly sits about 1 foot inboard of the end of the wing with the
=91plane rigged. Up and down adjustment can be made by moving it further
inboard or outboard. I made the cradle by taking a splash moulding of
the wing at this point using polyester resin & chopped strand mat with
an odd layer of bid and reinforcing it with some tubing glassed onto the
reverse side. My pivot point is about 20in. back from the leading edge.

I also had input from Bob Harrison G-PTAG  and William Mills G-HOFC who
have also made similar dollies.

Hope this helps.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS