Re: Europa-List: Trailering

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trailering
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:22:54
I'm looking for the methods and things folks have done to make the wings
easier to re-rig. It is always a hit and miss to line up pins spars and
all.

I have fitted a guide on the seat back to help line up the port spar and
a guide on the port spar to help line up the starboard spar with their
appropriate cups. It is not foolproof but it does help.
I modified an old golf trolley to support the end of the wing for single
handed rigging and modified the spar retaining loops on the trailer to
pivot and rotate through ninety degrees. This enables me to rig and
de-rig single handed every time that I fly, and at a very leisurely rate
it takes me less than half an hour, including fitting the radio and GPS
- both of which are 'hand held'.
    Roger (G-BXTD)