Re: Europa-List: First flight LN-SKJ

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First flight LN-SKJ
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:38:05

Steve
not much science really, the gurney flap deflects the airflow under the
aileron downwards slightly, which will of course push the aileron up.
Thus you should add the flap to the wing that is light to push it down a
bit.
It definitely works and is much more elegant than bits of aluminium
hanging out the back. Easier to adjust too, just add a bit more until
it's balanced.
Graham