Europa-List: Moving fiberglass

Subject: Europa-List: Moving fiberglass
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:52:26
This issue had come up before some time ago and I need my memory refreshed.  Am
flying around in the hot AZ sun and differential expansion is rearing its ugly
head.  This is especially true on the fuselage right around the area where the
fuel filler maniflod is attached to the inside.  Some very prominent waves
have developed in the skin here.  I am hesitant on filling these to smooth
things
out.  I am assuming that it is reasonable to expect that  things  will keep
on moving through temperature cycling.  Does anyone have any history out there
with flying in very hot weather and having the  fiberglass move around?  Have
you found this to settle down after some time?   Has anyone come up with a
different mounting routine for the manifold after getting the ripples?

Steve Hagar
N40 SH
A143
13 hrs