Europa-List: Monowheel, gear warning or just GUMP?

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel, gear warning or just GUMP?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:04:48

Anyone flying have a monowheel gear warning success story?

I am not yet flying, but from the 20 minute demo flight and what I have
read, you will have a hard time landing a monowheel with flaps up because
you can't see the runway. That is until you slip to landing one day??

What are details of what folk do for a gear warning?

Opinions if a gear warner is worth the effort, or is GUMP all that is
necessary?

Thx.
Ron Parigoris

Just heard of a friend land gear up with his Cozy 3.