Re: Europa-List: engine failure due to filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: engine failure due to filters
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:29:30

I went through all the routines and thought I  had it licked.  Pressure
wash, gas flush, soap and water.  Inspection through the hole I cut for the
fuel level transducer.  Then using both pumps to run volumes of gas through
the system.  I thought I had it pristine.  Inspecting the  filters had them
"looking good"  However comparing a "clogged" filter against a new one only
revealed only a higher degree of  opaquenees? Hence my assumption that what
is  clogging the filter is the same color as the white element.  I would
have been better off not being able to see anything getting a false sence
of security.  So my fix is to get a disposable type filter at least 4 times
larger than the  supplied units and change them regularly in early flying.
Making sure each one is right before each pump rather than at the outlet of
each side of the tank.

Steve
A143 N40SH
Flying and fixin'