Re: Europa-List: engine failure due to filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: engine failure due to filters
From: Rman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:57:03
My own experience is much like Jeff's.  I Used 1.5" metal filters, from
the auto parts store for first flight, and pitched them at one hour.
Replaced them with same type and pitched them at 25 hours, replacing
with same and tossing at 50 hours.  At 150 hours, I installed the Europa
filters.  Checked them at recent annual (200 hours) and they were fine.
Cleaned them out and reinstalled.  No problems at all.

I did note some restriction in the first two sets of auto filters,
though not enough to cause any problems.  After that, they are pretty
much clean, upon regular 50 hour inspections...

Jeff - Baby Blue
200 hours