Re: Europa-List: EGT Sensors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EGT Sensors
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:49:08

Hello Paul

> Anyone have any ideas on what to do ?.  My first thought is to try and get
> one made out of stainless steel so the co-efficient of expansion is the
> same.

I can't quite exact visualize what you have, perhaps some general ideas
will help?

Call Grand Rapids and ask them how to secure
If Grand Rapids has no ideas, ask them for a name of someone who does
If the probe bottoms, make sure it contacts uniform, check from no unscrew
to does unscrew
Can you put on front starboard and rear port?
Install a star washer, check McMaster for high temp?
Install a lock washer
Buy (McMaster) if a hex, they have folded up sheet metal hex that allows
you to safety wire
Can you drill and safety wire?
You may want to use a spring instead of, or along with safety wire
Put a clamp on probe and safety wire/spring that
Make a bendable tab, like motorcycles use to secure hub hardware
I never tried it, but perhaps some of the muffler repair paste would turn
to glass and hold into position?
Could you drill and tap the female and install a set screw that could be
safety wired?
If you look close at how a turnbuckle works with the spring clips instead
of safety wiring, you may be able to go in with a precision file, and file
half on the female, and 1/2 on the male and insert a fashioned clip.
McMaster sells wonderful shim washers. they are made up of a gazillion
layers, you select how much you need by splitting with a razor blade. You
could also purchase shims, or shim washers, or shim-stock and make your
own. What i am getting at is if you do the file trick, if you missed by a
little, shim till perfect
Look in McMaster for high temp thread loctite
I have machined a groove on a hex and installed a snap ring, then safety
wired or used a spring on the snap ring

If none of above are suitable, explain exact how probe works, or better
yet take a picture and i will think a bit harder.

Ron Parigoris

You could always put a drop of iodine on the threads, then you will not
have to worry about anyone "EVER" removing. Since you have the bottle out,
put 1 drop on 1 lug nut of each wheel of the neighbors car you hate, about
2 weeks before you put 8 nails under tires (4 propped forward, 4 propped
rear)