Europa-List: EGT Sensors

Subject: Europa-List: EGT Sensors
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:05:02
Hi all,

I have an unusual problem.  I have two EGT sensors installed, one on the
front port exhaust and the other on the rear starboard.

The probes and the mounts were supplied by Grand Rapids.  The probe mounts
are simple screw in devices with a compression gland to secure the probe.
They are made of brass.  The problem I am having is that every 50 hours or
so the rear gland unscrews itself.  When I install it, its is really tight
to screw in, but it still comes out.  I have replaced it 3 times but it
hasn't made any difference, the darn thing still eventually unscrews.  It
never happens to the front pipe, which is cooler than the rear one.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do ?.  My first thought is to try and get
one made out of stainless steel so the co-efficient of expansion is the
same.

Thanks,  Paul