RE: Europa-List: Removing plastic wrap

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Removing plastic wrap
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 17:35:14

It sounds as if your plastic wrap is too thin.  I had used visqueen about
.004" thick.  Removal involved getting an edge of a razor under a corner to
lift it and then peeling it off by hand.

Steve Hagar
hagargs@earthlink.net

course, it sticks to the layup and not the piece you're molding it against.

> But does anyone know of anything that will easily dissolve the wrap from
the layup? I've been sanding it off but that's messy and time consuming. I
just need a way to make sure it is all removed without harming the layup.