Re: Europa-List: Removing plastic wrap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing plastic wrap
From: Kevin And Ann Klinefelter <kevann@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:25:10

Hi Dan,

Try using clear packing tape on the peice you are molding against, and
peel ply for the first layer of the layup. Then when cured the layup
comes off the taped mold. Then peel the peel ply off the new part and it
is ready to bond, no sanding.

Kevin

danbish wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I use plastic wrap as a release film when doing various layups and, of course,
it sticks to the layup and not the piece you're molding it against.

>But does anyone know of anything that will easily dissolve the wrap from the
>layup?
I've been sanding it off but that's messy and time consuming. I just need
a way to make sure it is all removed without harming the layup.