Re: Europa-List: Usable Fuel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Usable Fuel
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:46:48
Good Morning Al,

I'm not flying yet....still in the build phase......but when I hooked up my
fuel plumbing....I did notice that you could drain the entire tank but you
would  have to first drain one side then the other. The hump in the muddle of
the

fuel  tank gives you the separation from main and reserve side. You should
have about  2 gal. in the reserve side, but that can be effected by flying in
turbulence due  to the sloshing moving some fuel back over to the main side
after you switch. So  if you ever got into a position where you switched to your

reserve and then used  all of it, you might find a little more fuel by
switching back to the main  side.
So, unlike a motorcycle that places a reserve pickup at a lower level in  the
tank, the Europa has a tank like a saddle bag with a takeoff at the bottom
of both sides.

I hope this helps.

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California