Re: Europa-List: Airmaster prop adjustment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airmaster prop adjustment
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:22:07

Dean Seitz a crit :
>  At 5000 ft I've been
> seeing 145 kts at 65% or less.

Hi Dean,

Those numbers are most impressive.
If they are confirmed, then you're doing better than most Europas, and
even faster than the smaller and lighter MCR 01 with its diminutive
laminar flow wing.
Honest, I would have expected this power setting would yield the same
numbers, but in mph. 145 mph is about 126 kt, quite in accordance with
what I heard about the Europa.

I'd be interested in learning more about your speed measurements, and
the mods you performed on the aircraft : any cooling drag reduction,
hiding antennas, work on the wing, etc.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France