Re: Europa-List: mono wheel trailer

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mono wheel trailer
From: RoddyEuropa@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:26:43

Hi Jerry

I use a boat hand winch with a quarter inch rope. Winch is mounted in front
of the wing support, so about half way down the trailer (from memory...). Rope

 then through a pully mounted near to the towing hitch. I have a bracket
which  goes over the tailwheel so it pulls from the centre; never had any
trouble

with  the wheel jumping. I'll send some photos if you like.

I also use the winch to pull the mainwheel ramp up tight once the plane is
on the trailer to get the pip pins in on the wheel support.

Getting the plane on the trailer without a winch is not easy,  especially
single handed!

Roddy Kesterton