RE: Europa-List: mono wheel trailer

Subject: RE: Europa-List: mono wheel trailer
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:59:07

Hi Jerry

I have recently bought a second hand factory trailer and found it very
difficult to get the aeroplane on by hand, chocked wheels and a couple of
people.  I now have a winch at a cost of 16 UK pounds from Towsure online.

There was just room to fit the winch at the front behind the tow hitch and I
have an inverted U shaped bracket bolted to the channel with winch bolted to
that.  Having pushed the aeroplane onto the trailer I thought the amount of
force required was a bit more than I would like to put through the tail
wheel so I wrap my rope round the main wheel axel on the left, opposite side
to the brake, and that works fine.

Regards

Pete