Europa-List: Nose gear assembly twisted

Subject: Europa-List: Nose gear assembly twisted
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:34:46

Hallo group,

I am just about ready to mount my nose gear. Going to some web sites to =
see what others have done I noticed that Dean Seitz's nose gear was =
twisted about 2.9 deg to the left (in direction of the flight). I =
checked mine and it is 1.0 deg twisted to the left. I wonder if some =
twist to the left is intentional and if so , how much? If not, I wonder =
what other have done in order to correct it since this is set in place =
by Europa and bonded in with what looks like loctite and secured with an =
AN bolt across.

BTW. The steel shaft in the nose wheel fork is also bonded in and only =
secured by the roll pin. I do not believe the roll pin is supposed to =
carry any load. Bob, is there any chance that your nose wheel fork =
assembly got to hot for any reason (e.g. powder coating) and voided the =
bond?

Below are to links from Dean Seitz's web site showing 2 pictures with =
what I mean by the twisted nose gear assembly

http://www.ambientdesigns.com/EuropaXS/SlideShow.cfm?Dir=3D5+-+May+2004%5=
C05-10-04+Wing+Setup&FileSort=3DNAME+ASC&Image=3D2&ReturnDir=3D5+-+May+20=
04%5C05-10-04+Wing+Setup

http://www.ambientdesigns.com/EuropaXS/SlideShow.cfm?Dir=3D5+-+May+2004%5=
C05-10-04+Wing+Setup&FileSort=3DNAME+ASC&Image=3D3&ReturnDir=3D5+-+May+20=
04%5C05-10-04+Wing+Setup

Michael Grass
Europa XS A266 Trigear
Detroit, Mi