RE: Europa-List: RE: Roll Pin

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Roll Pin
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:03:35

Hi! Cliff
Yes mine was factory assembled I had never seen them separate otherwise
I feel I would have questioned it, However I do know some people that
had received spares or repair parts and got them separate.
The least I would do in the short term is to replace the roll pin with a
through bolt of high tensile quality ensuring that the shank spreads the
full intersection of shaft/styrup/yoke hole.
I can think of other "belt and braces" ways but I don't want to pre-empt
the ultimate outcome, if someone else is going to pay to submit a mod I
would probably run with it. Whatever, I have time on my hand at present
!
BTW anyone know where there is a slightly used 914 for sale to a good
home ?

Regards
Bob H G-PTAG