Re: Europa-List: Favorite way to filter and carry fuel?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Favorite way to filter and carry fuel?
From: Tony Bale <tony.bale@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 20:21:03

Hi Ron,
                We buy pump fuel from the car filling stations and transport
in 20l jerry cans - however it is getting increasingly difficult over here
due regulations. Some officious little Hitler waved a document at me the
other day saying metal cans have to be screw top and you can only carry a
small amount. Apparently the answer is to buy unleaded green plastic 5l cans
and lots of them - how stupid is that !!

Back to the question. We transfer using a polythene hand pump and fill via a
chamois lined funnel - we never fail to filter. Only use Avgas when we have
to - mortgagae job over here to buy it !!

Regarding 914 ground temps you asked me about. A friend has the XS tri gear
with 914, afraid to say prolonged taxiing in anything approaching moderate
to high ambient temperatures even with Evans is to be avoided.

PS gear spring works "just dandy"

Tony.